Lauriston Law Firm Here to Help with Civil Matters

Simple Estate Planning

A will in Florida is a legal document that details the distribution of your assets at your death. In Florida, the court will supervise the distribution of the assets in your will. If you die without a will (i.e. intestate) the laws of Florida will determine how your assets will be divided and who your beneficiaries are. If you have minor children, a will is the only means of appointing a guardian in the event of your passing. In order to be valid in Florida, a will must be executed with certain formalities. Make an appointment with the attorneys at Lauriston Law Firm today to protect your valuable assets.

Durable Power of Attorney

The Durable Power of Attorney provides the designee (usually a close relative), the power to handle your finances if you are ill. It usually becomes very important when financial transactions must be conducted and you are unable to do so because of your infirmity. The Durable Power of Attorney differs from the regular Power of Attorney because it does not become invalid upon incompetency of the creator.

Advance Medical Directives

An advanced medical directive is a statement regarding how your medical decisions should be made. Three types of advance directives include:

Living Wills

A living will details your wishes regarding life prolonging measures in the event you become terminally ill. By having a living will, it relieves some of the pressure on your family members for example whether to commence, continue or terminate life-sustaining measures.

Designation of a Health Care Surrogate

Also known as a Health Care Power of Attorney, allows you to designate a person to make your medical decisions.

Anatomical Donation

This documents indicates whether you want to be an organ or tissue donor in the event of your death.


The attorneys at Lauriston Law Firm can assist you with setting up your Florida Corporation. Please call us today to make an appointment with one of our attorneys.

Miscellaneous Civil Services

  • Debt collections/defense
  • Breach of Contract

If you believe that you have a claim against another party or if you have been served by another entity and need an attorney to defend your rights, contact Lauriston Law Firm today.